Scraps of Luv and other Thoughts


Scrapbooking tips, tutorials, new product reviews and other interesting tidbits.

Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy Birthday USA and Welcome to my blog,

I have been wanting to have a blog for a very long time. Thanks to my daughter Jessica, it has finally become a reality. I hope to make this blog a collaborative effort between you my readers and myself so that we can both be entertained, enlightened and educated.

As a recently retired boomer, I have been spending my time establishing a presence on Etsy, the online marketplace for handmade goods of all types. Some of the posts, naturally, will revolve around my activities with that. Additionally, there will be other scrapbook related articles about new items, new techniques and general information from the world of scrapbooking. The items that I create are made from as many upcycled (recycled), materials as I can creatively incorporate into my designs. Some of my designs are original, some of them are my interpretation of original works from two of today´s leading designers, Laura Denison, ¨Following the paper trail¨and Kathy Orta, ¨Paper Phenomenon¨. There are links to both of these very talented designers on this page. Please visit their web sites if you would like to be amazed, their work is that good.

In addition to the posts, which I will update on Tuesdays, there will be weekly polls, guest bloggers, contests, drawings and interviews. I look forward with enthusiasm this new journey that you and I will be taking down the blogger path.

1 comment:

  1. Hello and welcome to the world of blogging! It is quite addictive and you will find great ideas out there and meet some awesome fellow bloggers. Looks like you have some great plans for you blog! Can't wait to see what you're up to next!

    ReplyDelete